Mergers & Acquisitions
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our Corporate & Commercial Practice Group has extensive experience in M & A, Joint Ventures.
We assist multinational and international corporations, public and private companies, and other business entities in various commercial transactions including cross border and domestic mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, joint ventures and management buy outs.
In these transactions, we have acted for the acquiring company, the vendor company, the target company and other stakeholders including underwriters. Our work includes advising on the appropriate structure for the transaction taking into account the legislative and regulatory regimes and hurdles and any legal implications which may arise from the transaction.
In respect of voluntary or mandatory take-overs, we assist in the review of the offer documents. We also advise on other aspects of the take-over including regulatory compliance and the strategies involved in the launching of the offer to the completion of the takeover and the defences available to a take-over offer.
In joint ventures, we advise minority as well as majority shareholder(s) and prepare business structures and the requisite agreements to capture the management and control features agreed by the parties.
We are able to provide for innovative mechanisms to allow shareholders to exit their investment and structure solutions to resolve commercial disputes without recourse to court action.
We have strong knowledge of the regulations affecting a wide range of industries, such as banking, financial services, energy & power, hotels, resorts & tourism, information technology, insurance, manufacturing, mining, outsourcing, retail, real estate, and telecommunications, among others, which serve as a robust background for advising and assisting clients in M&A, corporate.
“Our client benefit from TLF`s broad experience in various M & A and joint venture transactions that has equipped them with extensive knowledge and expertise in”:
- pre-acquisition review and due diligence;
- negotiating, preparing and reviewing
- sale and purchase agreements (both shares and assets)
- preparatory and ancillary agreements
- joint venture, shareholders and other business agreements
- capital restructuring, post-acquisition integration or reorganizations;
- establishment of joint venture companies; and
- documenting and handling the various regulatory requirements for M&A transactions, investment structures, reorganizations, spin-offs, divestitures, and other business combinations.
- Pre-acquisition review and due diligence;
- Negotiating, preparing and reviewing
- Sale and purchase agreements (both shares and assets)
- Preparatory and ancillary agreements
- Joint venture, shareholders and other business agreements
- Capital restructuring, post-acquisition integration or reorganizations;
- Establishment of joint venture companies; and
- Documenting and handling the various regulatory requirements for M&A transactions, investment structures, reorganizations, spin-offs, divestitures, and other business combinations.